Volvo Group Southern Africa has a one year internship opportunity in the following area: IT. This internship is for a Junior Support Technician to be based at UD Trucks in Rosslyn.
The main purpose of the job will be to ensure that IT support requests are managed effectively and responded to in a timely manner, either by completing requests themselves or raising them with our helpdesk where necessary.
Reporting: This role will report to the Group Manager: IT
- Monitor the internal ticketing systems.
- Escalate support requests to Senior Support Specialist when they cannot be completed them.
- Setup of new computers.
- Monitor responses to requests raised with Helpdesk, provide remote- support and respond to any ueries in a timely manner.
- Ensure tickets are completed in accordance with the appropriate Service Level Agreement.
- Provide telephone and email support to customers.
- Support the in-house IT team with basic requests (ie. Changing printer toner, replacing cables, setting up projectors, moving computers etc.).
- Maintain our high standards particularly regarding customer communications and response times.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of current operating systems and standard software packages, including Microsoft Windows platforms.
Education & Job Experience
- IT Degree\diploma or Equivalent
- MCSE, A+, N+; are preferable but not essential
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems, including installation and configuration.
- Knowledge and understanding of standard office software packages
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Own Transport is essential
Job Knowledge & Skills
- Problem solving ability
- Attention to detail
- Team work
Volvo Group Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd is an affirmative action, equal employment opportunity employer.
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Auto req ID
State / Province
Last application date
Apply with below link