Location: randburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Salary: Market Related
Recruiter: Banqobi Consulting
Job Ref: Microsoft Office Tec..
Summary: Microsoft MCTIP Deskto
- Operate helpdesk and log calls.
- Support users with login and passwords
- Support users with windows issues
- Operate within the SLA with business
- Windows Server support (VMware)R25
- Execute office duties such as receiving goods from suppliers and the regions, scheduling and packing items for the courier services.
- Interact with third parties when required for logistical, support or administration purposes for example but not limited to Telkom, IS, Vodacom, Interconnect, Digidata, Softline, Microsoft, EMC.
- Obtain and manage quotes for certain 3rd party services and hardware.
- Create purchase orders on the system for certain IT procured services and hardware
- Perform routine and periodic tasks such as removing backup tapes completing daily check logs and files.
- Keep users informed when a call is open and cannot be closed, confirming the anticipated resolution time.
- Assist users with mobile and remote communications.
- Assist with third party connections to and from up to platform level.
- Maintain the Server room environment both operationally and physically.
- Ensure operational availability of video conferencing equipment.
- User account management.
- Internet Website and Intranet webmaster.
- Execute on the employment contract with and at a minimum perform the tasks described in this job description.
- Operate within the policies and procedures
- Rotate job roles with the Network and Server support
- Team player with good communication skills.
- Work under pressure and to time lines.
- Work unsupervised and be disciplined.
- Be methodical.
- Display troubleshooting capability.
- Helpful and engaging manner, including phone support.
- Be mindful of quality and continuous improvement.
- Active directory and Exchange
- Windows 7/8/10
- Windows Server 2003 – 2012 and above
- Microsoft Office 2010/13
- Smart phone platforms
- Microsoft DPM
- Microsoft Endpoint Protection and Kaspersky
- Microsoft System Centre and Mimecast
- Digidata (User Account Management)
- Web technology i.e. Joomla
- Matric with tertiary IT qualification.
- Microsoft MCTIP desktop and / or server certifications – at least one.
- Other Industry certifications such as COMPTIA, A+ etc would be an advantage.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience within a similar environment is essential.
- Traceable desktop support history.
- Microsoft desktop and server operating systems.
- Microsoft office and end user products.
- General networking administration.
- General backup technology.
- General applications knowledge.
- General virtualization knowledge.
- Adherence to policies and procedures.
- General security knowledge – IT and otherwise.
- General communications knowledge – mobile, 3G/LTE, APN including WAN, wireless and LAN.
- General tools and utilities used in administration and support.Working knowledge of Mimecast, Microsoft Exchange, Cisco telephony and switching, Checkpoint and Microsoft system centre.
- Working knowledge of video conferencing technologies.
- Keep current on new technologies and improvements.